Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mukhsin

Malaysia 2006

Poster and details twitchfilm

Seen 8 March 2007

I need to see this film again. There is something missing in the film. I can't pinpoint exactly what is the missing ingredient but I left the cinema feeling unfulfilled. This film has all the hallmarks of a Yasmin Ahmad film. Good script, art direction and a steady hand in putting all the different pieces into one congenial whole. The soundtrack does add another dimension to the whole story and the actors deserve a big round of applause for their superb portrayal of each character. Special mention must be made to the two young actors who are very engaging and believable. Alas, I still have a nagging feeling that something is amiss. Maybe there were a few relevant scenes that have been left on the cutting floor. I am unsure but the version I saw today needs a little bit more gumption. Nevertheless it is a wonderful love story and deserves all the accolades that has been given so far.

No comments: