Monday, April 14, 2014

The Great Gatsby

USA 2013

Details IMDB

Seen 16 May 2013


Ratings from other sources
IMDB 7.3/10
Rotten tomatoes Average Rating 5.8/10

A Midwestern war veteran finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbour








My Ratings .7.0/10

My impressions

I was skeptical seeing the 3D version but went into the cinema without any further thought. I was curious to see how different it might be from the Robert Redford, Mia Farrow version. I must acknowledge that the director Baz Luhrmann, who also helmed Romeo and.Juliet as well as Moulin Rouge has succeeded in bringing forth the heady days of the 1920s to life. A more current interpretation of the music of that era gelled well with the 3D effect. The quiet moments when the focus was on the actors gave a good balance to the whole story.


No comments: